Whether you are visiting San Diego or a local that is looking to Explore San Diego, our weekly “Things To Do in North Park” features a little bit of something for everyone! Our walkable neighborhood is filled with creative urban art and lined with San Diego’s finest breweries, North Park is conveniently located just 5 minutes from Mission Valley or Balboa Park and 10 minutes from the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. Have an upcoming event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a potential feature.
The Summer Solstice is right around the corner and North Park Thursday Market is kicking off the first day of the summer season with a neighborhood celebration on Thursday, June 21 from 3 – 8 p.m.
Held at the North Park Thursday Market, the Summer Solstice party will feature interactive activities for kids, tastings from local chefs, liquid sunshine in their craft beer garden and raffles with the chance to win hundreds of dollars in prizes. Live demonstrations by local artists and musical performances from Miss Erika Davies and kids’ artist, Raggle Taggle, will entertain guests into the evening. Second Chance Beer co is providing beer for an intimate beer garden. The neighborhood is invited to shop local at North Park Thursday Market during the celebration and each week throughout the year with fresh produce from San Diego farmers and unique hand-made products and gifts from artisans.
Shop, Drink, Dine at the participating North Park businesses and our Famers Market through the 21st and pick up a raffle ticket that can then be brought to the North Park Thursday Market on June 21st to be entered into our “Summer PRIZE PACK” give-a-way work $200.00.
Summer Solstice specials:
- West Coast Tavern Happy Hour Monday-Friday/ Summer Solstice 4-6PM $5 Draught Beer & $7 Wine, $20 craft beer pitchers
- Waypoint Public Thursday’s Special- house ricotta, heirloom tomatoes, wild arugula, balsamic, olive oil. $12.95
- Tamarindo – Fiesta Hour 3-6PM Monday – Friday $5 Cocktails, Shots, & Bottled Beers
- Bivouac Cider – $2 off flights of cider if they mention North Park Farmer’s Market
The Girl Can’t Help it – 10% if you mention “Fresh Veg”
Earthwell – 15% off your purchase when you mention the North Park Round-Up Flyer
North Park Events
- Ongoing – Curious Object by Carrie Minikel at Art Produce
- 6/24 – Pop! Fiction @ Bluefoot Bar & Lounge
- 6/22 – Belle and Sebastian with Japanese Breakfast
- 6/24 – Long Beach Dub Allstars
- 6/24 – Shakey Graves
- 6/21 – Tribute to Tom Petty
- 6/22 – Planned Parenthood Fundraiser
- 6/23 – Babydoll Warriors debut show
- 6/25 – Rat Sabbath
- 6/10 – Billy The Kid
- 6/22 – TGIF Julz Kev Mighty J Time
- 6/23 – The Hangtight
- 6/21 – No Limits W/ Dj Myson King
- 6/22 – After Hours w/ DJs Adam Salter & Ayla Simone
- 6/23 – Strictly Business w/ Djs Kanye Asada & Gabe Vega