Whether you are visiting San Diego or a local that is looking to Explore San Diego, our weekly “Things To Do in North Park” features a little bit of something for everyone! Our walkable neighborhood is filled with creative urban art and lined with San Diego’s finest breweries, North Park is conveniently located just 5 minutes from Mission Valley or Balboa Park and 10 minutes from the Historic Gaslamp Quarter. Have an upcoming event? Email email@example.com for a potential feature.
Super Bowl & Valentine’s Day Suggestions from the North Park Thursday Market:
Hosting a Super Bowl party on Sunday, February 3rd? Look no further than the North Park Thursday Market to shop for all your appetizers, entrees and desserts! Local vendors Baba Foods and Majestic Garlic both sell delicious dips to snack on for the pre-party, with veggies like celery and carrots available at the farmers stands.
Da-Le Ranch is a small, sustainable family farm servicing Southern California and local farmers markets. Pick up the best beef, pork, lamb, fowl and eggs from them to create a delicious dinner time dish!
If you’re picking up eggs from Da-Le Ranch, consider making deviled eggs as another appetizer for your Super Bowl party! Looking to add some spice to them? Celeste Jalapeno Relish provides the perfect secret kick to bring the heat up a notch!
Treat your sweetheart, friend group or even family this Valentine’s Day to special artisan items from the North Park Thursday Market! Your one-stop farmers market to pick up a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Hidalgo’s Flowers, wonderfully scented, homemade candles from Puritee by L or soups and essential oils from Following Seasons. Even pick up a sweet treat for the night, with Brazilian truffles from Obrigaderia!
February Events at the Farmers Market:
- · 2/14: Friends of Jefferson Elementary
- · 2/21: Art with Soulflow Studio
Download the February Farmers Market coupons here.
Super Bowl Hangout Destinations:
- · True North Tavern
- · Working Class
Join us on Sunday, February 2rd for a BIG Super Bowl Sunday celebration at Working Class! Watch the exciting Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots matchup, with $5 beers (starting at 3pm) and wing specials throughout the game!
- · West Coast Tavern
- · Bluefoot Bar
- · U-31
- · Redwing Bar & Grill
Valentine’s Day Preparation:
– Look good, feel good no matter what your Valentine’s Day plans are! Treat yourself to a facial, manicure, pedicure, massage, waxing and so much more at all the great beauty stops in North Park.
- · Shop Good
- · Skin Habit
- · Hello Birdie
- · Green Bamboo Massage
- · Clean Slate Skin & Body
- · The Undercarriage
– Whether you need a full on cut & color, or a blow out for the night ahead, all of the salons in North Park can be trusted to keep your hair looking fabulous.
– A perfect gift, no matter what day of the year (although Valentine’s Day is always a plus!) If you can’t make it to the farmers market for flowers, pick up a bouquet from any of our local florists!
– Need a last minute Valentine’s Day gift? Look no further than Presley & Co. Fine Jewelers for everything from watches, necklaces and engagement rings (!)
- · Make sure to check out the annual Love & Sex issue of San Diego City Beat, coming out on February 6th!
Other Events Around the Neighborhood in February:
- · 2/1: Mad Hatter’s Ball at the Observatory North Park
- · 2/5: High West Distillery Dinner at Urban Solace
- · 2/6: URBN! Creators 3 at Urbn Coal Fired Pizza
- · 2/8: Film & Float at the Lafayette
- · 2/9: Whisky & Cheese at Seven Grand
- · 2/9: Customer Appreciation Day (Free Ice Cream!) at Hammonds
- · 2/12: One Year Anniversary Party at Working Class
- · 2/13: World Pangolin Day at Mike Hess Brewing
- · 2/16: Candle Workshop at Pigment
Check out the full calendar of upcoming shows at the Observatory North Park here.