Written by: Carli Bazinett
Make North Park your Easter destination on Sunday, April 1st. Experience the perfect walkability with your family as you stroll through the vibrant art along the streets, local artisan shops and restaurants with the best Easter specials in San Diego. There is something for everyone when you explore North Park!
The perfect Easter destination for the whole family, Waypoint Public is known as one of San Diego’s Best Family Restaurants. With a separate play area for children to escape and watch movies, parents will get to sit back and relax with scramble, benedict and burger options for brunch. For drinks, enjoy everything from a classic mimosas to their ‘Screaming Rooster Bloody Mary.’ For returning customers, make a note of their monthly kids story time and family movie nights!
- Call (619) 255-8778 for reservations.
West Coast Tavern
Attached to the historic North Park Theatre (now the Observatory), West Coast Tavern great food and drinks make this a go-to destination for locals. Executive Chef Marcos Navarro will be serving Carrot Cake Waffles, with cream cheese frosting, candied walnuts and warm cinnamon syrup and $5 carrot juice mimosas as an Easter brunch special.
- Call (619) 295-1688 or email email@example.com for reservations.
Enjoy an exciting dining experience during Urban Solace’s weekly ‘Bluegrass Brunch’ on Easter Sunday. Live music will be echoing through the restaurant as your enjoy their famous Big Mon Bluegrass Cinnamon Roll from Executive Chef Matt Gordon. Five different benedicts are also available on their brunch menu for the savory lover in your life.
New to the neighborhood, Tamarindo brings an exciting Latin-inspired cuisine to the to North Park. Their brand new brunch menu will be launching during Easter weekend and will feature specialty dishes like ‘Latin French Toast,’ made from pan de huevo, topped with toasted almonds, fresh pomegranate seeds, chunks of pineapple, confectioner’s sugar and a generous drizzle of la lechera. If that doesn’t have your mouth watering already, Tamarindo is well known for their variety of refreshing margaritas.
- Call (619) 955-8770 for reservations.
The Lafayette Hotel
If you’re staying in North Park for the weekend at The Lafayette Hotel, they will be offering an elevated Easter brunch experience handcrafted by Executive Chef Ryan Gilbert. The set price includes a Bloody Mary or Mimosa with everything from a ‘Chilled Seafood Bar’ to classic ‘Breakfast Fare.’ Kids prices are also available for this full fledged Easter brunch at The Lafayette.
North Park Beer Co.
If you are looking to explore the San Diego craft beer scene in North Park, check out North Park Beer Co. They will be serving a special Easter cask of Enright’s Irish Stout infused with marshmallow peeps and chocolate bunnies. A unique Easter special that is worth trying!
Easter Sunday Itinerary from a North Park local:
- · Start your morning with with a cup of coffee at local favorite spots like Holsem and Dark Horse. Enjoy cold brew on tap and pair with a vegan donut or pastry to tide you over until brunch begins.
- · The most important meal of the weekend does not disappoint with plenty of brunch specials happening around North Park. Whether you want to make your brunch experience an all day event with with friends at West Coast Tavern or bring the whole family out, where the kids have a special playroom at Waypoint Public, North Park is your destination for Easter. Tamarindo will also be launching their brand new brunch menu during Easter weekend with delightful options including ‘Latin French Toast.’
- · Keep the kids busy with a walk through the neighborhood and explore all of the art that covers the streets of North Park. Head east down University toward Hammond’s Ice Cream for an after brunch treat and stop in local shops like Simply Local and Pigment.
- · End your day with a walk or bike ride from the brand new Lime Bikes gracing the streets of North Park and head toward Bird Rock Park for a fun day in the sun. Let the kids run around freely while you relax and enjoy all that our vibrant community has to offer this Easter Sunday!
📷: @citizencitizen / @hope46sd / @jmagpics / @mlatimer84 / @northparkbeerco / @seismicmuffin / @tamarindonp / @the.jones.life / @theessentialpineapple / @wandering_palate / @watch.roz.eat / @westcoasttavern