WRITTEN BY: RENÉ VIDALES
The North Park Community Plan is a guide for how North Park will grow and develop over the next 20 to 30 years. One important section of the plan is the “Arts and Culture” element.
These goals address the important role that public art and artists have in creating a desirable environment for us all.
- Presentation of a broad range and high quality of cultural expressions for North Park.
- Recognition and support of artists as essential contributors to the design of the environment and identity of place.
- Facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration among artists, the public, developers, designers, and architects.
- Establishment of partnerships between the public and private sectors.
- Integration of public art and cultural programming throughout North Park as a significant tool for reinforcing community identity.
- A sustainable cultural ecosystem supported by a diversity of funding sources.
- Preservation of historic places and buildings as a feature of cultural identity.