Our patio is finally OPEN! Guests can enjoy cold NPBC beers and tasty bites from Mastiff Kitchen! BONUS: Our patio is dog friendly! Now you can drink with your pup on our shaded patio!
It was a long, winding road that brought North Park Beer Co out from the garage and into the spotlight. Our Head Brewer and Proprietor, Kelsey McNair, arrived in San Diego 20 years ago to live the California dream and design video games with his friends. But it wasn’t long before his love for cuisine, chemistry, and craft found an outlet in the city’s fledgling beer scene which teemed with exciting, bold new flavors and inspired talent. His homebrewing career was nothing short of meteoric, and soon his Hop-Fu! IPA had become the most award winning homebrew recipe in history, in the most competitive category — the American IPA. Over the next decade, the awards accumulated, the name North Park Beer Co was established and run out of his North Park residence, and plans for the commercial-scale brewery took shape. What followed was an uphill battle spanning several years to raise capital, find the right location, and build out a brand new taproom and brewing facility. Enduring setback after setback, Kelsey and his wife, Amanda, persisted, leaving behind their careers in game design to fulfill their dream of opening the business. For all of the McNairs’ efforts we are thankful… thankful that their vision of a community focused brewpub — dedicated to the preservation of Kelsey’s passion for craft and quality — has materialized. Since we opened our doors in June 2016, we feel North Park Beer Co has become a fitting tribute to its namesake neighborhood, where the McNairs and their daughter Ruby continue to make their home. Truly a place made for the very best ales and lagers, and our favorite friends and neighbors.
North Park Beer Co. is an 8,000 square foot brew-pub in the heart of San Diego’s fastest growing craft beer scene. NPBC has set the standard in the community for providing world-class service and a welcoming, neighborhood-centric environment. Across our counters pass the highest quality in handcrafted beverages and cuisine, served against the backdrop of our stunning, craftsman-inspired space with soaring barrel vaulted ceiling. Featuring 32 taps, a versatile layout and an exclusive catering contract with our on-site partners, Mastiff Kitchen, the NPBC taproom is the perfect setting for your event! Overlooking the iron street lamps and state-of-the-art brewhouse of the main floor, our 1,400 square foot second floor Mezzanine is by far the most accommodating and versatile area in our space. With modular furniture arrangements, ADA lift access, integrated PA system, and social games including darts and shuffleboard, this area is perfect for your larger scale private or semi-private event.
- Monday Blind Draw Steel-Tip Dart Event – Weekly at 6:30pm (*bye week the second Monday of each month)
Come out for darts & beers! We will be joined by our friends of the Greater San Diego Darting Association for our WEEKLY Blind Draw Steel-Tip Dart Event! Sign-up at 6:30pm, PROMPT start time at 7PM, $5 Entry, 100% Payout Invite your buddies for some friendly competition! for more info and upcoming dates, click here.
- Treat Yo Self Mondays! We love our Neighbors and our Industry Friends! Come help us celebrate the fearless bartenders who pour you craft beer all weekend long! HAPPY HOUR: $2 off full pours of in-house beers to all! All. Night. Long. Cheers!
- Tuesday TRIVIA! – Weekly at 7pmTrivia is coming to NPBC! We’ve partnered with Sunset Trivia for brain teases on the Mezzanine! Get your squad together and sip on delicious beer while putting your random knowledge to the test! Click here for more info.
- Hops, Hash & Hip-Hop Brunch | Sat. & Sun. 10:30am-3pm: Get Sunday Funday POPPIN’ with Brews, Bubbles & Bennys! Hip-Hop Music all morning long! Start your day with some Biggie (who loved brunch)! Full Craft Breakfast Menu from Mastiff Kitchen! Ask us what we NPBC Beers we like to pair! Bottles of Champagne! Select your juice and build your own mimosa! NPBC Signature ‘Brew-tails’ made to order! Try them all in a flight! GOOD TIMES! Now enjoy brunch on our patio with your pup!
One Time Events
- San Diego Made First Thursday Market Thursday June 6th 6:30-9:30pmSupport your community by shopping local at San Diego Made’s signature monthly pop-up event in our tap room! This FREE and all ages event will feature: A San Diego Made Pop-up Shop with 12+ Awesome Local Makers, Free Tote Bag with Purchase of 3 items or $40 total, Free San Diego Made Photo booth! Free Raffle for Awesome San Diego Made + NPBC Swag, Extended happy hour pricing on beer, $2 off full pours of NPBC until 7:30pm.
- Hoppy Yoga – Sunday June 9th at 10am
Come get your Yoga on upstairs on the Mezzanine! Experience a 60 minute flow-style class, followed by optional NPBC craft beer social. Craft beer social includes a pint or flight for all 21+ yogis. Please bring a mat if you have one! Some mats/props available for use. All levels of experience are welcome!If you have already have a Hoppy Yoga class package, please visit www.hoppyyoga.com to register for class. Click here to register.
- Painting & Pints Fundraiser – Sunday June 9th 1-4pmJoin Friends of Jefferson, ArtReach San Diego, and North Park Beer Company for this fun, family-friendly event! ArtReach teachers will guide you and your kids through an exploration of your inner artiste! The cost of admission includes all materials, instruction, and your first beverage (art can make you thirsty); and all proceeds go to Friends of Jefferson, the foundation that supports educational and enrichment programs at North Park’s neighborhood public school! Mastiff Sausage Company will be open for business, so bring your appetite. Single Adult: $35 / Adult + 1 Child: $40 / Additional Child: $12. Click here for tickets.
And The Big One
We are stoked to invite you to celebrate 3 YEARS with us at our Anniversary IPA Fest on Saturday, June 29th! UNLIMITED TASTERS & MORE! Plus the LIMITED release of our 3rd Anniversary brew ‘NPBC3’ DDH Hazy Double IPA!! GET YOUR TICKETS, EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE ANNIVERSARY SHIRT & LIMITED RELEASE CANS OF ‘NPBC3’ TODAY! Click here for tickets.
3038 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104